|Title:||Quality Assurance Auditor|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Quality Assurance Auditor
Position Summary: Primarily function is to perform audits to validate conformance to the manufacturing processes and quality systems. This includes but is not limited to internal quality systems, manufacturing processes, OE requirements, products, and suppliers. Key tasks include conducting audits, writing reports, and reporting on non-conformances. Also, performs and supports audit activity in relation to all external standard audits and customers (internal and external). Tasks also include collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to manufacturing processes and suppliers in response to customer complaints. Some travel may be required.
Reports to: Manager, Quality Systems
- Performs onsite supplier audits, collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to non-conformances and other findings.
- Performs process audits to determine compliance to and consistent with applicable standards including ISO9001:2015, IATF16949:2014; as well as plant procedure compliance.
- Identifies major discrepancies from specifications or standards with immediate response to necessary members of management (purchasing, production management, etc.) with follow-up to assure prompt corrective action.
- Supports the development, maintenance, and improvement of quality audit programs and corrective action systems in support of the organization’s strategic direction and quality objectives.
- Summarizes and reports supplier audit compliance to all levels of plant operation on a daily, weekly, monthly and year-end timetable.
- Support the SRUSA document management process, including procedures and customer property.
- Reviewing customer return data for OE and replacement customers, and other quality indicator data to improve product quality.
- Provides guidance and support to Process Improvement activities, including effective use of Problem-Solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Business, Engineering or another related field; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience working in a Quality related role, preferably in the automotive or similarly regulated industry.
- Must have experience in auditing and data analytics.
- Thorough knowledge of various quality system standards included but not limited to ISO9001, TS16949 and/or IATF16949. Specific Automotive customer requirements a plus.
- ASQ certification highly sought.
- Knowledge and experience in root-cause analysis preferred (PDCA, 8D, 5Why, Six Sigma, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgements when necessary, with the flexibility to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision, acting with self-direction and demonstrating personal responsibility.
- Excellent PC skills, including the use of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Flexible work hours required in order to audit all shifts as necessary.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.