|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: As our Tonawanda facility continues to transition and grow due to a change in ownership, capital investments and expansion, this position will be responsible for supporting manufacturing operations through both problem-solving and small-scale project initiatives, at times supporting capital project work.
Reports to: Reliability Engineer
- Improves methods and equipment operation to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Supports equipment installation initiatives, including some small project management and supervision.
- Troubleshoots and assists maintenance in extraordinary breakdowns.
- Provides technical assistance to production and maintenance supervision.
- Evaluates suggestions and work requests and follows through to completion.
- Conducts feasibility studies and works closely with the Plant CI Industrial Engineering Department to improve plant operations.
- Prepares formal approval to proceed with assigned projects via the established appropriation route.
- Maintains overall project controls, i.e., cost breakdowns, man-hours expended, purchase orders, coordination efforts, spare parts program, engineering change orders, etc.
- Updates management through regular and concise status reports and maintains a satisfactory and easily retrievable filing system.
- Is committed to promoting the values of honesty, integrity and fairness in the conduct of our business and sustaining a work environment that fosters mutual respect, openness and individual integrity.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, other Engineering discipline.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Union experience preferred.
- Ability to utilize machine design software (AutoCAD, Solid Works) a plus.
- Experience with heavy machinery systems is highly sought.
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.sumitomorubber-usa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.