|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the General Manager of Plant Accounting, the Plant Accountant supports the Plant Finance Team by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Ensure that reversing entries occur
- Create recurring journal entry template
- Ensure that recurring entries are changed or terminated at appropriate trigger points
- Maintain a master list of monthly journal entries
- Record supporting information for all journal entries
- Maintain detailed listings and reconciliations of all assigned balance sheet accounts
- Analyzes and prepares monthly financial analysis as requested.
- Updating Misc. Accounts Receivable and issue misc. invoices
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives related to finance processes and systems.
- Works in collaboration with other plant associates to implement effective financial analysis tools and processes to improve the company’s financial performance.
- Participates in activities such as the annual operating plan, monthly/quarterly reporting, and special analyses as necessary.
- Provides support to PWC (external tax service provider).
- Provides support for the timely preparation of “Prepared by Client” lists for External CPA firm.
- Assists with Company’s JSOX program.
- Ensures all completed processes are compliant with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company Policy.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or other business field is required; Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems: Microsoft Office Products, (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); SAP is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience.
- Ability to interpret and apply current US GAAP, accounting for complex transactions and internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand complex data and issues with demonstrated ability to think outside the box.
- Strong, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
Sumitomo Rubber USA LLC offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.