|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: The MRO/Capex Buyer will support the manufacturing organization through the purchasing, sourcing, and management of supplies, equipment, etc. in support of engineering and operation’s needs.
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
- Drives cost savings and budget control throughout all Plant purchases, projects, and processes.
- Partners with other SRI branches to leverage buying volume and drive VA
- Purchases and procures equipment and supplies through the placement of Purchase Orders using: (Quotes, SOW’s, Specifications, Drawings, BOM’s etc.)
- Cooperates with production, maintenance, engineering and other departments in the development of MRO material requirements, facility services, contracts, and indirect spend, especially in support of large and numerous capital projects that are ongoing.
- Manages supplier and customer daily issues through to resolution, working with planning and logistics functions in the communication of critical information related to suppliers including changes to vendor contracts, pricing, market conditions, or supply chain and order updates.
- Helps establish Standard Work in conjunction with MRO/Capex Purchasing Manager for internal purchasing processes.
- Assists in the creation and monitoring of vendor KPIs, reporting issues to the MRO/Capex Manager and identifying/developing new supplier sources when necessary
- Works with members of the internal supply chain (Logistics and Receiving) to optimize material flow.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, maximizing vendor rebates and competitive pricing.
- Utilizes SAP to improve the material procurement process. Monitor and maintains inventory levels, reviewing and analyzing item history and usage reports.
- Assists in the creation of a comprehensive filing system including vendor records for contracts, pricing, and all purchase orders.
- Utilizes lean methodologies to achieve and participate in a more effective procurement process that fully integrate with the supply chain.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business Management, Business Administration or related field. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an MRO purchasing, a buyer, or a facilities management position
- International purchasing experience highly sought.
- SAP or related system experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume workload environment.
- Experience in working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Excellent Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel software applications
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.sumitomorubber-usa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.