|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Supports the curing team by conducting all aspects of tire thermocouple studies and blow point checks, as well as monitoring C-Clamp product performance.
- Lead thermocouple activities with direction from the cure compounders, developing and maintaining cure assignments for all tire lines.
- Supports cure compounders in the maintenance and auditing of cure systems.
- Utilizes process, product knowledge to critically review of out-of-process/abnormal cure cycles to determine disposition status of reviewed product.
- Perform analysis of thermocouple study results and report generation.
- Assist Cure Compounder to ensure the proper development of cure settings for each tire in order to promote the production of the highest quality product.
- Participate in establishment of factory cure specifications.
- Ensure cure process capability prior to the release of new or modified press or cure processes.
- Execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis, or product/process irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs.
- Performs all functions and processes in a safe and healthy environment which comply with government and company regulations.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Field; Relevant work experience considered in Lieu of degree.
- Minimum 1 year of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Must be able to work all shifts to include nights and weekends.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.