|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
- Lead thermocouple activities with direction from the cure compounders, developing and maintaining cure assignments for all tire lines.
- Supports cure compounders in the maintenance and auditing of cure systems.
- Utilizes process, product knowledge to critically review of out-of-process/abnormal cure cycles to determine disposition status of reviewed product.
- Perform analysis of thermocouple study results and report generation.
- Assist Cure Compounder to ensure the proper development of cure settings for each tire in order to promote the production of the highest quality product.
- Participate in establishment of factory cure specifications.
- Ensure cure process capability prior to the release of new or modified press or cure processes.
- Execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis, or product/process irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs.
- Performs all functions and processes in a safe and healthy environment which comply with government and company regulations.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Field; Relevant work experience considered in Lieu of degree.
- Minimum 1 year of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications
- Must be able to work all shifts to include nights and weekends.