|Title:||Technology Engineer, Calendering|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
Sumitomo Rubber USA manufactures and sells a wide range of automotive tires in the US and internationally. Located in Tonawanda, NY (a suburb of Buffalo) our growing 1,200 employee workforce produces over 4 Million tires annually for a variety of applications such as passenger cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles. The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force.
Position Summary: Manufacturing engineering support for calendaring, slitting and winding operations. This position is technical support for the processing operations focused on output, quality, cost improvements and efficiencies. Excellent opportunity for process engineer (mechanical, chemical, industrial), with related industrial or development experience.
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Leader
- Specifies and monitors process operational conditions and specifications to optimize operations
- Sets product specifications and drives processing to optimize quality against targets
- Performs cost and waste analysis to identify key initiatives and follows through to completion
- Supports continuous improvement efforts for processing area involving, waste, cost, and output
- Designs, specifies, and implements equipment and process upgrades and new equipment to meet current and future processing needs.
- Interfaces with operations team to improve work force performance through training and development programs
- Supports new product development release to manufacturing, including support of trials, setting specifications and operational conditions.
- Ensure product and quality systems integrity.
- Implement new products and processes, and resolve product performance issues.
- Drive and improve customer satisfaction of products and services through contact with customers
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering/Technology or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a quality or technical role in a manufacturing environment; preferably in winding, slitting, coating, calendaring, or associated field.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications
- Solid understanding of product quality and waste reduction and experience in understanding product integrity required. Ability to influence floor and staff associates in all activities desired.
- Knowledge of tire specifications, tire construction, manufacturing equipment, and manufacturing processes a positive.
- Knowledge of statistics, statistical procedures and basic product design preferred.
- Must be analytical and able to organize data and communicate to all levels of the organization and all levels of expertise.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubberusa.com.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.