|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
Position Summary: The Maintenance Manager will manage and direct the Business Center Maintenance/Engineering activities to perform at the highest level of efficiency to control equipment downtime and maximize uptime. They will plan and establish goals to continually improve equipment efficiency and reliability. They are responsible to manage maintenance staff to continuously improve skilled trades’ labor utilization, preventative maintenance (PM) programs, and energy programs of the Business Center. The Maintenance Manager works in close cooperation with Plant Engineering.
Reports to: Reliability Manager
- Maintains daily contact with all members of the Business Center operating team to coordinate production, maintenance/engineering and development efforts to increase equipment efficiency, uptime and overall reliability.
- Develop, implement and maintain PM programs for all equipment within the assigned Business Center. Analyze equipment/part failure modes, repetitive equipment failures and other maintenance problems and eliminate issues by updating and revising PM plans.
- Maintains contact with vendors to supplement in‑plant resources. Evaluates all pertinent changes, modifications and recommendations of changes to the equipment.
- Evaluates all equipment changes and data for future changes with respect to machine manufacturing efficiency and machine up‑time.
- Develops department goals, plans and feedback system to ensure a safe work environment, prompt response to unsafe conditions and work habits that encourage a zero-incident rate.
- Organizes, develops and trains professional management team that effectively resolves manufacturing problems and root cause elimination.
- Maintains optimum employee relations through team building and consistent enforcement of departmental policy.
- Interfaces with storeroom and purchasing to ensure correct spare parts levels and control parts inventory. Utilizes SAP computer system to improve parts control and processes/tracks purchase requisitions.
- Work with off shift on issues that arise, whether over phone or coming into plant to resolve issue.
- Responsible for capital and building and grounds appropriations for Business Center. Responsible for communication between Business Center and the Union in regard to maintenance overtime and outside contractor notification and coordination.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, other Engineering discipline; relevant experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance management experience in a production environment.
- Reliability engineering experience.
- Union experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize work requirements for skilled trades.Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact both internally and externally, including vendors / contractors, engineers & production.
- Knowledge of SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management System a must.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.