If you have previously submitted or saved an application, please go to My Account to retrieve it.
Shift Supervisor, Maintenance
|Title:||Shift Supervisor, Maintenance|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Shift Supervisor, Maintenance
Position Summary: Supervises and directs hourly personnel engaged in plant maintenance and service activities on an assigned shift. Maintains equipment at the highest level of uptime. Performs equipment repairs utilizing on shift maintenance personnel. Obtains outside support as needed. Coordinates daily detailed on shift, and between shift communications.
Reports to: Reliability Manager
*Must be open to work all shifts* A - Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
B - Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm
C- Monday & Tuesday 11pm-7am, Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm
D- Thursday & Friday 11pm-7am, Saturday & Sunday 7pm-7am
- Works in collaboration with other business center engineers, managers, and specialists, as well as hourly personnel, to tackle problem resolution as well as process and equipment improvement solutions and then drives these to completion; this includes responding to major breakdowns and emergency situations and identifying solutions to minimize downtime.
- Provides supervision to assigned shift skilled trades staff, including work assignments and performance management, including addressing labor relations issues.
- Identifies causes for, and develops strategies for eliminating re-occurring downtime.
- Assists with assuring tools, equipment, people, and processes comply with OSHA, ISO, and other industry/facility standards
- Maintains overall project controls, i.e., cost breakdowns, man-hours expended, purchase orders, coordination efforts, spare parts program, engineering change orders, etc.
- Updates management and on shift-employees through regular and concise status reports and maintains a satisfactory and easily retrievable filing system.
- Supports Plant Engineering department initiatives in relation to the expansion effort and other capital project efforts as needed.
- Is committed to promoting the values of honesty, integrity and fairness in the conduct of our business and sustaining a work environment that fosters mutual respect, openness and individual integrity.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supervision/Leadership position.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, other Engineering discipline with a minimum 3 years’ experience in Maintenance/Mechanical Engineering role OR H.S. Diploma with 7+ year’s maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting, including experience in a supervisory role (skilled trade certifications or coursework preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize machine design software (AutoCAD, Solid Works) a plus.
- Experience with heavy machinery systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing and related engineering principles.
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience with MRP systems (SAP preferred).
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubberusa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at (716) 879-8884