|Title:||Tire Development Technician|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Tire Development Technician
Position Summary: Provides key support to the Tire Development process through managing the movement of materials and the collection, coordination, and delivery of supporting data.
Reports to: NPI & Product Evaluation Manager
Shift: As Needed
- Ensures all components are available that are needed in the development build process. This includes daily inventories and verification of extruded components.
- Monitors the Building, Curing and Finishing of development tires, moving the tires through the process as needed including loading equipment or moving tires.
- Delivers tires to test lab and ensures testing is completed to achieve the development calendar.
- Coordinates, records, and maintains all records and data for all steps of the development process.
- Responsible for ensuring that the necessary data and information is communicated to the Tire Development Engineers and others involved in the process, using the required documentation procedures and protocol.
- Also able to review results of testing to communicate if the results were acceptable.
- Assists as needed in the development processes.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Mechanical Technology or related field experience.
- One to three years of manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Excellent analytical & documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in using measurement tools such as calipers.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.