|Title:||Technical Support Analyst|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
Technical Support Analyst
Position Summary: Provides daily support to, and maintains facility technology equipment, responding to user requests in order to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve user issues with equipment, software, and various systems.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop, laptops and mobile computers, peripheral equipment and software to include specification, installation, research, testing of computer systems, and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Diagnose and resolve recurring and unique, non-recurring problems associated with application software and operating systems.
- Maintain inventory for all computerized hardware, software and licenses (Asset Management) to ensure proper Life Cycle Management.
- Create, maintain, and implement operational procedures with an ongoing goal of process improvement.
- Maintain corporate data backup policy including tape rotation and images.
- Ability to run reports, analyze help desk trends, and identifies an appropriate action plan.
- Ensure timely completion of desktop support tasks.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure desktop, laptop and mobile computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Utilizes external resources as needed to research user issues to ensure the optimal solution is provided.
- Promote the development and use of knowledge base articles and canned responses.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide continual 24/7 support for users.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS Information Systems or related discipline. Bachelor’s preferred. 10 years field experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Broad knowledge of multiple operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of networking, PCs, Servers and platform operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards. (Windows OS, Microsoft office, O365, Altiris, Active Directory)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware, storage and associated network equipment.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and delegate work to others in an effective matter.
- Must be able to interface well with people across various levels of the organization and across all departments.
- Excellent customer service skills for internal and external (written and verbal) communication purposes.
- Ability to successfully work independently with little supervision while consistently utilizing initiative and good judgment.
- Strong aptitude for working with technology, coupled with the ability to learn and absorb new information quickly required.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.