|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
Position Summary: Perform activities that involve issuing reports, conducting product quality audits, issuing and dispositioning product holds, maintaining and interpreting product, process and material specifications related to maintaining and improving the product quality within the manufacturing process.
Reports to: Technology Team Leader
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies for production supervisor and maintenance supervisor the need for corrective actions. Contacts maintenance support as required. Confirms the effectiveness of action taken, based on results.
- Carry out activities that involve facilitating development builds and trials, issuing product, process or material specifications, analyzing data, and conducting process and equipment trials related to improving manufacturing capability and competitiveness.
- Determines the cause(s) for rejected or abnormal product quality and takes corrective action. Makes decisions and provides dispositions for rejected and/or abnormal product.
- Execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs. These duties would include training and instruction of appropriate team members and day-to-day floor support.
- Perform activities that drive compliance to PPQ audits, process control audits, and any other audits deemed necessary to improve the product, process and quality system.
- Support plant by interfacing with plant manufacturing, engineering, and other internal and external organizations to resolve product issues.
- Ensure product and quality systems integrity.
- Implement new products and processes, and resolve product performance issues.
- Drive and improve customer satisfaction of products and services through contact with customers
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Engineering or related field, work experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory work experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus
- Solid understanding of product quality and waste reduction and experience in understanding product integrity required. Ability to influence floor and staff associates in all activities desired.
- Knowledge of tire specifications, tire construction, manufacturing equipment, and manufacturing processes highly sought.
- Knowledge of statistics, statistical procedures and basic product design preferred.
- Must be analytical and able to organize data and communicate to all levels of the organization and all levels of expertise.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.