|Title:||HR (labor Relations) Specialist|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Reports to: HR & Labor Relations Manager
- Develop and maintain expertise of both federal and state labor regulations, as well as the bargaining agreement, polices, and procedures associated with the union.
- Acts as a neutral party to monitor and report individual and plant concerns; spend time daily on the production floor; develop the image of management by assisting managers in their relationships and applications of the policies (and if applicable, contracts).
- Provide guidance to business center leadership on implementation of policies including disciplinary action, grievances, job transfers, etc. insuring compliance to policies as well as fair and equitable implementation.
- Manage payroll input and issues for the assigned business center. Includes attendance management.
- Support Company-wide safety initiatives through incident review meetings, communicating with plant medical personnel, and other actions.
- Provide support in contract negotiation efforts.
- Provide training to new and existing leadership on systems, policies, procedures, and methods.
- Support business center and plant performance metric achievements through the identification, development, and implementation of improved systems and processes.
- Report on the effectiveness of plant programs, team meetings, task forces, etc. by formulating, conducting, and evaluating employee relations audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an HR role. Equivalent facility experience also considered.
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment. Union experience highly preferred.
- Must have excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills in dealing with both skilled and unskilled members of the workforce, as well as employee and Manager level individuals.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated research, analytical, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to act in good judgement and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.