|Title:||Technology Engineer (Die Technician)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Technology Engineer (Die Technician)
Position Summary: Assists in the design of dies for all extrusion processes and administers a program of die maintenance. Coordinates the problem-solving activities associated with product and process deviations and makes recommendations to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
Reports to: Technology Team Leader – Mixing/Stock Prep Business Center
- Designs, tests and releases new dies and written manufacturing procedures and specifications to production as directed. Maintains existing dies.
- Assists in developing quality control audits to assure production adherence to manufacturing procedures and specifications.
- Coordinates the problem solving activities of product and/or process problems with appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and evaluates die hardware, products and processes to reduce costs and improve factory performance.
- Participates in developing programs for waste reduction.
- Performs projects assigned by Manufacturing Process Engineer to meet departmental and factory objectives and issues complete project reports.
- Develops, monitors and reports on measures of extrusion department performance.
- Coordinates developments and follows up on Action Plans to improve factory performance.
- Maintains shop specifications for extrusion.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Mechanical Technology or related field experience.
- BS in Technical Science field strongly preferred.
- One to three years of technical experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Excellent analytical & documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubber-usa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.