|Title:||Statistical Quality Control Auditor|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Statistical Quality Control Auditor
Position Summary: Conducts, monitors, and reports on product related SQC audits and trend findings to assist in product quality improvements.
Reports to: Quality Systems Manager
- Evaluates and reports plant performance to waste, specifications, audits and standards through audit sampling and statistical problem solving methods. Drives and champions quality improvement efforts.
Identifies major discrepancies from specifications or standards with immediate response to responsible management with follow-up to assure prompt corrective action.
Summarizes and report plant audit compliance to all levels of plant operation on a daily, weekly, monthly and year-end timetable.
Performs internal audits as part of the QMS using TS16949 specification standard.
Evaluates grading equipment performance to assure repeatability and reproducibility of the gauging measurement by area.
Assists in reviewing customer return data (OEM) and other quality indicator data to improve product quality.
Responsible for OE tire checks, reduction in PPM through appearance audits on all OE products.
Provides expert analysis, guidance and support to Production in Process Improvement activities, including effective use of Problem-Solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
Report to the management on the performance of the quality system and recommend needed improvements.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in technical or related field preferred; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working a data analytics role, and minimum 1 year working in manufacturing.
- ASQ certification highly sought.
- Knowledge and experience with Minitab or detailed statistical analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in root-cause analysis preferred (8D, 5Why, Six Sigma, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgements when necessary, with the flexibility to work with a team.
- Excellent PC skills, including the use of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Flexible work hours required
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.