|Title:||Product Quality Area Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Product Quality Area Manager (PQAM)
Position Summary: The Product Quality Area Manager (PQAM) is responsible for outgoing tire inspection activities across Business Centers. They are responsible for providing direct leadership and training, constantly evaluating and improving procedures and processes to maximize product quality, productivity, waste, housekeeping, safety, and costs.
Reports to: Product Quality Manager
D Shift: Thursday & Friday 11p-7a / Saturday & Sunday 7p-7a
- Ensures inspection workforce thoroughly understands and executes inspection activities, in accordance with SRI and SRUSA methods and criteria.
- Trains and evaluates inspection manufacturing personnel on correct procedures and criteria.
- Tracks inspector performance and refers disciplinary action to Area Managers as warranted.
- Identifies defect modes that affect outgoing product quality or productivity, ensuring Area Managers are informed in a timely manner and escapes to the warehouse are prevented.
- Interacts as needed with Area Managers, to communicate and help resolve quality related issues.
- Containment, communication and verification of resolution for identified quality issues, up to and including the transfer to warehouse.
- Develops, monitors and reports trends of inspection performance in relation to quality for each of the business centers, through collection and evaluation of inspection and audit data.
- Develop, maintain, and provide continuous improvement of inspection processes.
- Ensure that all regulations and Company policies are followed to create a safe and clean work environment.
- AAS in Technical Science, Business, or related field (BA/BS preferred).
- In the absence of a degree, 5 years in a manufacturing leadership role will be considered
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, research, analytical, and time management skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access software applications
- Highly motivated team player with a passion to succeed.
- Must be able to contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
- Union experience highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.