|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the General Manager of Corporate Finance, the Financial Accountant Analyst supports the Corporate Accounting Team to ensure company finance goals and objectives are achieved.
- Completes monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close procedures, account reconciliations, fluctuation analysis. Analyzes and prepares monthly financial analysis as requested
- Ensures all completed processes are compliant with IFRS and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), IFRS and Company Policy.
- Participates in activities such as the annual operating plan, monthly/quarterly reporting, and special analyses as necessary.
- Works with financial and other functional managers to develop financial systems that will continuously improve the financial analysis and reporting for the organization.
- Provides support for the timely preparation of “Prepared By Client” lists for External CPA firm.
- Experience with Fringe Benefits accounting, Workers Compensation Accounting, Accounts Receivables and Shipping Discrepancy resolution is highly desirable.
- Back up Treasury Function - Daily Cash Reconciliations
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or other business field is required; CPA and/or MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
- 3 to 5 years progressive Accounting and Analysis experience in Manufacturing Company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems: Microsoft Office Products, (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); SAP and Tableau.
- Ability to interpret and apply current US GAAP and IFRS, accounting for complex transactions and internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand complex data and issues with demonstrated ability to think outside the box. Strong, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.