|Title:||Capital Expenditure/MRO Purchasing Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Capital Expenditure/MRO Purchasing Manager
Position Summary: Manages the Purchasing function related to capital and general maintenance and operations related supplies/equipment including procurement, vendor selection and management (negotiation), and supplier correspondence.
- Drives cost savings and budget control throughout all Plant purchases, projects, and processes.
- Partners with other SRI branches to leverage buying volume and drive VA
- Performs daily procurement activities by processing requisitions and performing MRP analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements, while maintaining proper inventory levels in support of capital projects and manufacturing initiatives.
- Identifies new supplier source opportunities through market and supplier research, aligning selections with Company initiatives regarding project and value add goals.
- Establishes and maintains a grading system on KPIs for new and existing suppliers (quality, delivery time, payment terms, price, etc.)
- Work with the Logistics, Legal, Engineering, and other cross functional teams to identify and troubleshoot supply issues and risks, mitigating potential impacts to internal customers through the establishment of contingency plans through multiple suppliers, etc.
- Functions as a liaison between the organization and suppliers for all sourcing and procurement related correspondence (e.g. quotations, purchase orders, contracts, evaluations, rejections, corrective actions, discrepancies, etc.)
- Supports the investigation, selection, and management of strategic partnerships for capital expenditure and project initiatives, including contractors and suppliers and their compliance with contracts, scorecard metrics, etc.
- Propose and implement changes to existing procurement strategies to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources (Lean). Includes the use of enhanced technologies, processes, and procedures.
- Negotiates pricing with outside vendors and annually reviews pricing and vendor relationships.
- Creates an environment and culture that encourages collaboration nationally and between teams, functions and divisions.
- Track and report hard and soft savings in support of monthly KPI’s
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ purchasing management experience in a large manufacturing environment.
- Experience with computer application systems related to inventory, distribution, shipping or receiving (SAP experience ideal).
- Experience in working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in driving organizational change through the identification, development, and implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams in organization-wide projects/initiatives.
- Effective communication skills including facilitation, delegation, and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of leading by example and self-accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through the use of delegation and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.