|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Drive continuous improvement initiatives in the Business Center related to safety, productivity, training, employee relations, cost, waste, quality, energy, and communications. Process Specialist position is a combination of supporting daily operations, creating systems, and leading projects.
Reports To: Process Manager
- Manage collaborative projects and drives them to completion.
- Coordinate follow up action items.
- Develop systems that confirm initiatives and make sure they are sustained.
- Serve as a team leader on complex assignments interfacing with production associates and support functions both hourly and salary.
- Drive audit and follow up systems for business continuity.
- Ability to take ownership of results in area.
- Develop and implement plans to support team development addressing safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Demonstrated ability to work with machine operators on the floor in identifying process improvement opportunities, understand issues, and develop solutions to specific operational issues.
- Work with Area Managers to develop skill set required for managing at the floor level.
- Visit associates on all shifts of the continuous operations frequently.
- Integrate new processes and equipment into daily operations.
- Maintain department performance KPIs.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a union environment is highly advantageous.
- Specific experience in tire manufacturing processes desired.
- Flexibility in schedule availability is required to support continuous operations, including nights and weekends.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Demonstrated PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic statistical analysis and create actions based on data.
- Knowledge of HR functions, safety, and budgets.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.