|Title:||Quality Assurance Auditor|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Quality Assurance Auditor
Position Summary: Acts as main auditor to suppliers, including traveling to supplier locations, conducting audits and reporting on non-conformances. Also, supports internal audit activity in relation to OE customers, collecting, analyzing. and reporting data related to manufacturing processes and suppliers in response to customer complaints. Travel required.
Reports to: Quality Systems Manager
Performs onsite supplier audits, collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to non-conformances and other findings in support of OE business.
Identifies major discrepancies from specifications or standards with immediate response to necessary members of management (purchasing, production management, etc.) with follow-up to assure prompt corrective action.
Summarizes and reports supplier audit compliance to all levels of plant operation on a daily, weekly, monthly and year-end timetable.
Provides support to performing internal audits as part of the QMS using TS16949 specification standard, specifically in relation to OE business.
Support the SRUSA document management process, including procedures and customer property.
Assists in reviewing customer return data (OE) and other quality indicator data to improve product quality.
Supports OE tire checks, reduction in PPM through appearance audits on all OE products.
Supports the development, maintenance, and improvement of quality audit programs and corrective action systems in support of the organization's strategic direction and quality objectives.
Provides guidance and support to Production in Process Improvement activities, including effective use of Problem-Solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in technical or related field preferred; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years' experience working in a related role, preferably in the automotive or similarly regulated industry.
- Must have experience in auditing and data analytics.
Thorough knowledge of various quality system standards (e.g., ISO 9001)
ASQ certification highly sought.
- Knowledge and experience with Minitab or detailed statistical analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in root-cause analysis preferred (8D, 5Why, Six Sigma, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgements when necessary, with the flexibility to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision, acting with self-direction and demonstrating personal responsibility.
- Excellent PC skills, including the use of MS Office applications - Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Flexible work hours required
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.