|Title:||Technology Engineer, Entry (PQAM)|
Technology Engineer, Entry (PQAM)
Position Summary: The Product Quality Area Manager (PQAM) is responsible for technical activities in the TBR Business Center, constantly evaluating and improving procedures and processes to maximize product quality, productivity, waste, housekeeping, safety, and costs.
Reports to: Technology Team Leader
Shift: D Shift (Thursday & Friday 11p – 7a) and (Saturday & Sunday 7p – 7a)
- Identifies processing problems that affect quality or productivity, determines the cause for such problems and supervises the corrective action that is necessary. Is responsible to direct hourly workforce in management of corrective action. Refers disciplinary action to Area Managers as warranted.
- Assists Area Managers in managing technical and production activities. Acts as back-up to the Area Manager in their absence.
- Evaluates raw material contributions to problems and interacts with various functional areas to maintain quality and availability. Also make recommendations to suppliers on needed improvements.
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies for production supervisor and maintenance supervisor the need for corrective actions. Contacts maintenance support as required. Confirms the effectiveness of action taken, based on results.
- Oversees the utilization of specified manufacturing and technical procedures throughout the production process and identifies elements affecting processes and makes recommendations. Trains manufacturing personnel on correct procedures, modifications, etc.
- Develops, monitors and reports measures of production performance in relation to quality for the business center.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Science field; trade school; relevant work experience in lieu of schooling.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory work experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.