|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Maintenance Specialist Engineer
Position Summary: Primary Engineering team contact to operations organization in assigned area. Responsible for daily production support in the assigned area. Works closely with Production Specialists, Area Managers, Operators, Skilled Trades, and Engineers. Coordinates and Breaks down Maintenance activities and communicates situation and results.
- Follows up on recent activity to ensure robust repair and determine root cause.
- Participates in Kaizen activities.
- Input to PM planning, assists with PM Execution. Coordinates with PM Planner.
- Coordinates equipment shut‑down and start‑up with various departments including manpower requirements, OSC, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of scheduled shutdown maintenance activities, this may include appropriations, purchase requisitions, outside contractor notes, vendor parts, special equipment, etc.
- Works with engineers to design and install numerous small improvements to improve quality and output while reducing equipment down‑time.
- Communicates with maintenance, engineering, and production personnel to ensure maintenance work is well planned and results demonstrated.
- Responds to major breakdowns, emergency situations, and other non‑routine tasks per established procedures and as requested.
- Is committed to and promotes safety and teamwork throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related field; equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- 3-7 years supervisory maintenance experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize work requirements for skilled trades.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact both internally and externally including vendors / contractors, engineers & production personnel.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.