|Title:||Quality Assurance Process Auditor|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Quality Assurance Process Auditor
Position Summary: Performs and supports internal audit activity in relation to all customers (internal and external), collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to manufacturing processes and suppliers in response to customer complaints. Supplier Audits may be required therefore some travel is required.
Reports to: Quality Systems Manager
- Performs onsite audits, collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to non-conformances and other findings.
- Performs process audits consistent with ISO9001:2015, IATF16949:2016 and other required regulatory and governmental standards for compliance as well as plant procedure compliance.
- Identifies major discrepancies from specifications or standards with immediate response to necessary members of management (purchasing, production management, etc.) with follow-up to assure prompt corrective action.
- Summarizes and reports for audit compliance to all levels of plant operation on a daily, weekly, monthly and year-end timetable.
- Support the SRUSA document management process, including procedures and customer property.
- Reviewing customer return data for OE and replacement customers, and other quality indicator data to improve product quality.
- Supports the development, maintenance, and improvement of management systems, quality management systems, audit programs and corrective action systems in support of the organization’s strategic direction and quality objectives.
- Provides guidance and support to Production with Process Improvement activities, including effective use of Problem-Solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Business, Engineering or another related field; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience working in a related role, preferably in the automotive or similarly regulated industry.
- Must have experience in auditing and data analytics.
- Thorough knowledge of various quality system standards included but not limited to ISO9001, TS16949 and IATF16949.
- ASQ certification highly sought.
- Knowledge and experience in root-cause analysis preferred (8D, 5Why, Six Sigma, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgements when necessary, with the flexibility to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision, acting with self-direction and demonstrating personal responsibility.
- Excellent PC skills, including the use of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Flexible work hours required
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.