|Title:||Lead Quality Auditor (ISO)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through the former Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd. facility, and through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant’s current tire capacity in some product areas.
Position Summary: The Lead Auditor will work in the Quality Assurance department to lead and facilitate, quality assurance auditors and the audit program to improve system, process, and product performance, and ensure compliance to all required corporate, regulatory, and customer standards, including ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016.
Reports to: Director of Product Engineering
- Lead the audit team in conducting system, product, and process audits according to industry standards.
- Collect, record, and analyze data to develop accurate and timely reports.
- Support the quality organization, the purchasing organization, and the quality assurance organization in performing supplier audits.
- Provide key input and information to business leaders to improve the quality system.
- Providing timely and accurate reviews of audit findings, corrective actions and verify their closure.
- Supports root cause analysis investigations and development of effective corrective/preventive actions.
- Keep records of internal and external audit interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Apply methods, practices, and procedures according to industry and certification requirements (ISO, TS audit standards, etc.)
- Participates in new product development to ensure compliance with ISO and other industry and regulating body processes and procedures as necessary.
- Visit customer and supplier sites to determine quality requirements and compliance. Update and upload audit data if necessary.
- Drives and champions quality improvement efforts.
- Provides expert analysis, guidance and support to Production in Process Improvement activities, including effective use of Problem-Solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
- Report to the management on the performance of the quality system and recommend needed improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ working in an automotive or related manufacturing environment in a quality related role, with auditing experience required.
- Certified auditor with ISO and TS audit standards preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in core tools preferred (MSA, PPAP, APQP, FMEA, SPC).
- Knowledge and experience in root cause analysis preferred (8D, 5Why, Six Sigma, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgements when necessary, with the flexibility to work with a team.
- Excellent PC skills, including the use of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Some travel including international travel required.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Flexible work hours required
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.