|Title:||QA Inspection Process Specialist|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
QA Inspection Process Specialist
Position Summary: An individual contributor responsible for the daily planning, monitoring and real-time adjustments of the Final Inspection Process for all Business Centers. The QA Inspection Process Specialist will be a 24hr resource for the QA Product Quality Area Managers (PQAMs) and Final Inspectors. Interact as needed with the Finishing, Curing, Building and Cutting Process Managers, as well as the associated Area Managers, to communicate and help resolve quality and throughput related issues.
Reports to: Product Quality Inspection Manager
- Leads team of Product Quality Area Managers (PQAMs), Maintains staffing of PQAM and 2nd Inspectors
- Ensures QA and Inspection workforce thoroughly understands and executes inspection activities, in accordance with SRI and SRUSA methods and criteria.
- Ensures changes to inspection criteria are properly documented and communicated to affected personnel.
- Train, motivate and evaluate Quality Inspection and Final Inspection teams to gain efficiency with respect to maximum productivity and superior quality.
- Coach, develop, and support PQAM and 2nd Inspector teams. Hold members accountable for attainment of objectives.
- Tracks and reports inspector performance and refers disciplinary action to Area Managers as warranted.
- Containment, communication and verification of resolution for identified quality issues, up to and including the transfer to warehouse.
- Develops, monitors and reports trends of inspection performance in relation to quality for each of the business centers, through collection and evaluation of inspection and audit data.
- Develop, maintain, and provide continuous improvement of inspection processes.
- Drives Quality Assurance strategies to the floor level, supporting business goals including cost, quality safety, and delivery.
- Ensure that all regulations and Company policies are followed to create a safe and clean work environment.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Science, Business, or related field (BA/BS preferred). Equivalent work experience in quality focused manufacturing environment leadership role will be considered
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Union experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, research, analytical, and time management skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access software applications.
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Quality Tools, including, but not limited to, SPC, Corrective and Preventive Action, 8D methodology, and Lean 6-Sigma a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team player with a passion to succeed.
- Must be able to contribute in a fast-paced environment.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.