|Title:||Boiler House Engineer|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: First Class Stationary Engineer with a minimum of 5 years experience as a boiler house engineer responsible for all aspects of the job as described here. The Engineer has complete charge of boiler house operations on all shifts.
- Is responsible for the efficient operation and routine maintenance of the boilers, air compressors, and all support equipment.
- Must understand the flow cycle for steam, air, and water.
- Must be familiar with safety codes as related to the proper operation of all equipment.
- Is responsible for starting up and shutting down the boilers.
- Performs such duties as oiling and greasing, blowing soot, and cleaning burners as required.
- Checks gauges and meter readings on all equipment and checks for proper adjustment and lubrication.
- Must understand setting and maintenance of safety valves, governors, pressure controls, and air compressors.
- Understands the function and operation of multiple loop controllers as they relate to steam pressure and flow, for the boilers and miscellaneous support equipment.
- Can read and understand chart recorders, and real-time and historical trending data from computer.
- Changes charts on recording instruments and notes information on log sheets.
- Is responsible for operation and maintenance of water treatment equipment, including pumps, softeners, RO system, and the DA tank.
- Performs daily test on boiler make-up water, condensate, and feed water.
- When required changes water supply from process to city water.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of burners, boilers, feed pumps, regulators, fuel handling equipment, water heaters, vacuum pumps, pipes and fittings, traps, gauges, recorders, and flow meters.
- Makes repairs to boiler house equipment, including minor electrical repairs. Uses tools as required.
- Starts and stops fire pump as required.
- Observes all safety rules. Keeps working areas clean. Performs other related duties as required.
- Works to general supervision and is directly responsible for all phases of operation of boiler house in absence of supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- First Class Stationary Engineer’s License required; will be required to obtain a First Class Stationary Engineer’s License with the City of Buffalo within six (6) months of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a boiler house engineer.
- Job-Specific physical work capabilities.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends on D shift.
- Time management is helpful in organizing work and finishing it on schedule.
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the factory
- The position requires you to work a continuous operation, which will include Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. The position also requires you to work overtime as needed.
- This facility requires that you wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This includes steel toe shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://gdtna.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.