|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: SRUSA is seeking an attorney to join its legal team as Staff Counsel to primarily assist with the coordination of litigation and insurance matters. This individual will directly support the VP, General Counsel, by working with external and internal clients as well as other members of the legal team.
Reports to: VP, General Counsel
- Coordinate various forms of litigation, to include the initial opening and response to new matters and the preparation of subpoena and discovery responses.
- Assist in the management of outside counsel relationships and requests, including review of legal invoices.
- Provide in-depth analysis and application of various state/local statutes and regulations.
- May review and advise on various contract and related legal matters, as needed.
- Responsible for extensive document review and organization.
- Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents and prepare detailed reports and memoranda.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP General Counsel.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- J.D. and admission to the New York Bar.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience gained in law firm and/or in-house.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage workload.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and decision making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in matters of significance.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.sumitomorubber-usa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.