|Title:||Boiler House Engineer|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Sumitomo Rubber USA manufactures and sells a wide range of automotive tires in the US and internationally. Located in Tonawanda, NY (a suburb of Buffalo) our growing 1,200 employee workforce produces over 4 Million tires annually for a variety of applications such as passenger cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles. The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through the former Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd. facility, and through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant’s current tire capacity.
Sumitomo Rubber USA is a proud United Steel Workers employer, and offers highly competitive benefits packages to its unionized workforce, including, healthcare, 401(k) contributions, and life insurance.
Position Summary: The Engineer has complete charge of boiler house operations on all shifts.
- Is responsible for the efficient operation and routine maintenance of the boilers, air compressors, and all support equipment.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of burners, boilers, feed pumps, regulators, fuel handling equipment, water heaters, vacuum pumps, pipes and fittings, traps, gauges, recorders, and flow meters.
- Must understand setting and maintenance of safety valves, governors, pressure controls, and air compressors.
- Must understand the flow cycle for steam, air, and water.
- Performs such duties as oiling and greasing, blowing soot, changing guns, and cleaning burners as required.
- Makes repairs to boiler house equipment, including minor electrical repairs. Uses tools as required.
- Performs daily test on boiler make-up water, condensate, and feed water.When required changes water supply from process to city water.
- Is responsible for starting up and shutting down the boilers.Switches fuels as required.
- Must be familiar with safety codes as related to the proper operation of all equipment.
- Can read and understand circular charts, and historical trending data from computer.
- Changes charts on recording instruments and notes information on log sheets.
- Is responsible for operation and maintenance of water treatment equipment, including pumps, softeners, RO system, and the DA tank.
- Understands the function and operation of multiple loop controllers as they relate to steam pressure and flow, the boilers and miscellaneous support equipment.
- Observes all safety rules
- Checks oil temperatures and levels, cleans strainers and filters, as required.
Works to general supervision and is directly responsible for all phases of operation of boiler house in absence of supervisor.
- Checks gauges and meter readings on all equipment and checks for proper adjustment and lubrication.
- Is responsible for receiving and checking fuel oil shipments.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- First Class Stationary Engineer’s License; will be required to obtain First Class Stationary Engineer’s License with the City of Buffalo within six (6) months of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a boiler house engineer.
- Job-Specific physical work capabilities
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends on D shifts
- Time management is helpful in organizing work and finishing it on schedule.
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the factory
- The position requires you to work a continuous operation, which will include Saturdays and Sundays. The position also requires you to work overtime as needed
- This facility requires that you wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This includes steel toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection and hat
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://gdtna.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.