|Title:||Material Lab Supervisor|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Material Lab Supervisor
Position Summary: Manages Lab Techs, which conduct testing of factory/laboratory mixed compounds and tire components for development of all product lines TB, PCR, LT, MC, and Race. Ensures all Lab procedures are complying.
Reports to: Materials and Compounds Engineer
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure ISO/Quality system compliance and improve upon current systems to achieve ISO/IEC 17025 standard
- Responsible for laboratory’s testing procedures and other work instructions
- Supports external and internal audits according to annual audit plan
- Directs team on safety procedures and keeping assigned work areas clean and orderly.
- May work directly with customers on complex critical quality issues.
- Coordinates and manages lab work requests and raw material testing
- Lead team's performance and development
- Assists in preparing annual capital and expense budgets
- Manages laboratory purchase of inventory, storage, and supplies usage
- Manages vendor contracts to ensure machine upkeep and calibration
- Manages and reviews daily machine calibration
- Strives to improve laboratory test systems to improve the accuracy and precision of the data.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot various analytical (chemical) instrumentation (TGA, PGC, microscopes) and physical test equipment (lab mill, Banbury, curing press, tensile tester, RPA, DMA, DSC)
- Liaison with SRI’s (Kobe) Material Lab with procedures and cross-check functions
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate degree in Chemical or Mechanical Technology or related field with laboratory experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills to include the ability to enter and retrieve data and understand the basic operations of computerized equipment
- 1-year experience as a Lab Manager or other applicable work experience preferred.
- Familiarity with testing techniques and equipment.
- Basic mechanical aptitude (ability to assemble equipment, understand how a variety of test equipment operates, etc.)
- Basic mathematical aptitude including knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles of Statistics, trigonometry, algebra and geometry
- Knowledge of production testing of components.
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple responsibilities/projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Meticulous, organized, and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word & Excel software applications
- Ability to lift 25 —35 lbs.