|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Sumitomo Rubber USA manufactures and sells a wide range of automotive tires in the US and internationally. Located in Tonawanda, NY (a suburb of Buffalo) our growing 1,200 employee workforce produces over 4 Million tires annually for a variety of applications such as passenger cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles.
The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant’s current tire capacity in some product areas.
Position Summary: Supports the curing team by conducting all aspects of tire thermocouple studies and blow point checks, as well as monitoring C-Clamp product performance.
Reports to: Lead Cure Compounder
- Lead thermocouple activities with direction from the cure compounders, developing and maintaining cure assignments for all tire lines.
- Supports cure compounders in the maintenance and auditing of cure systems.
- Utilizes process, product knowledge to critically review of out-of-process/abnormal cure cycles to determine disposition status of reviewed product.
- Perform analysis of thermocouple study results and report generation.
- Assist Cure Compounder to ensure the proper development of cure settings for each tire in order to promote the production of the highest quality product.
- Participate in establishment of factory cure specifications.
- Ensure cure process capability prior to the release of new or modified press or cure processes.
- Execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis, or product/process irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs.
- Performs all functions and processes in a safe and healthy environment which comply with government and company regulations.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Field. Relevant work experience considered in Lieu of degree.
- Minimum 1 year of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.