|Title:||Mold and Tooling Development Program Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Provides leadership in the development of Sumitomo Rubber tire designs into the production operation through the management of mold purchases and implementations.
- Work cross functionally across production departments to Manage all facets of mold purchasing and implementation including:
- Identification of tooling needs (Build and Cure), both molds and auxiliary equipment.
- The New tire development schedule.
- Mold / Tooling Budgets.
- Capitol requests related to tooling.
- Raw Materials needs.
- Primary Manager of the newly implemented Sumitomo GMS (Global Mold System).
- Develop and maintain build shop tooling lists.
- Understand mold / press relationships and restrictions.
- Manage the Mold Blast area, including hourly associates and Quality associates, ensuring adherence to Company policy, procedures, and standards.
- Manage “Bench Hand’ schedule in Machine shop to ensure production requirements are met.
- Establish and manage a mold and container Preventative Maintenance program with the Maintenance Department.
- Create and Maintain standard work documents for the Production Control Department.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process definition and improvement
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management/implementation within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining project budgets
- Microsoft Office proficiency – particularly in MS Excel.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Experience using SAP or related ERP system.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude.